7 Herbs That Help Flush Gallstones
By Scott Malin
The gallbladder is a small organ located directly under the liver. It acts as a bile reservoir; it concentrates bile which is secreted by the liver and is used by the body to digest fats. If the liver is overloaded with toxins and saturated fats, the bile (which carries toxins and fats) will eventually inflame the gallbladder. When enough cholesterol deposits (from saturated fats) have formed, they crystallize with the bile to form gallstones. If the gallbladder becomes inflamed, it causes sever pain in the upper right abdomen. This condition must be treated immediately as it can be life threatening. Often, persons with gallstones have no symptoms. If a stone blocks the bile passage however, nausea, vomiting and pain in the upper right abdominal region occur. These symptoms often arise after the individual has eaten fried or fatty foods.
Here are 7 herbs
that work together to reduce inflammation, pain and help flush gallstones safely out of the body.
- Barberry Bark - Barberry is one of the best remedies for and promoting the flow of bile. It is indicated when there is an inflammation of the gall bladder or in the presence of gallstones. When jaundice occurs due to a congested state of the liver, Barberry is also indicated. Studies show that the main ingredient berberine, activates the macrophages (literally, "big eaters"), white blood cells that devour harmful microorganisms.
- Wild Yam Root - Wild yam is very good for the liver and endocrine system, by toning and nourishing the gallbladder, it helps to balance hormone production.
- Cramp Bark - Known as a nerve sedative and anti-spasmodic and therefore helping with cramps. This is very helpful for people with gallstones. It is also used to relieve muscle tension in the intestines, airways, uterus, and striated muscles in the limbs or back. It has also been used in treating high blood pressure and other circulatory conditions.
- Fennel Seed - Helps open obstructions of the liver, gall bladder and spleen to ease painful swellings. Fennel is also used to treat yellow jaundice, the gout and occasional cramps.
- Ginger Root - Shrinks liver tumors in animal testing. Also, impairs cholesterol absorption and stimulates the conversion of cholesterol to bile acids which further cleanses the liver and gall bladder. Ginger also inhibits platelet aggregation.
- Catnip Herb - Catnip nourishes the stomach and nerves. It calms the nervous system and is used also for digestion. Catnip herb has also been used to treat inflammation and help to eliminate toxins and flush Gallstones.
- Peppermint Leaf - Preliminary clinical trials suggest that formulas containing peppermint and related terpenes (fragrant substances found in plants) can dissolve Gallstones. A number of studies indicate that peppermint may aid in reducing the size of gallstones and thus help some people avoid surgery. Also known as a muscle relaxant and reduces inflammation.
Our liver and gallbladder formula contains all of these 100% organic and whole herbs
.Click Here to learn more about the Liver and Gallbladder Formula
Scott Malin is rapidly becoming a widely respected writer on the subject of nutrition and detoxification. You can find excellent advice about how to successfully detox in a safe and healthy way at: http://www.organichealthandbeauty.com/Gallstones-Detox_ep_232-1.html
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Scott_Malin