Check out our variety of self defense products for senior citizensThe 5 Best Self Defense Weapons For Seniors
By Charles Dougherty
In your golden years the only thing you should have to worry about is how to enjoy the remainder of your life to the fullest but sadly that is not the case. Now, more than ever, senior citizens need to worry about their personal safety and do what they need to in order to remain safe.
- A small, lightweight pepper spray for your key chain. If you happen to use any type of wheel chair or walker, you can hide one in the pocket of the chair so you always have it on hand. Be sure to aim for the eyes and get to safety as quick as you possibly can.
- Personal alarms. They are a must-have addition to your safety tool chest. When you need assistance, having the 110 db alarm can mean the difference between life or death. This is true for security as well as medical situations. Should you need help for any reason, a personal alarm can help get you the attention you need.
- Electronic Dog Chaser. This will help keep you safe as you walk around your neighborhood or local parks. It emits a 130 db ultrasonic frequency as well as utilizing pulsing lights to scare off aggressive dogs. This is perfect for you as you walk your dog or simply walk by yourself out in public where there is a risk of an off-leash dog attacking you.
- Auto Dialer alarm system for your home. Criminals enjoy preying on the elderly and this can keep you from coming home to an intruder. It will call you if it detects motion in your home and allow you the option of calling the police instead of walking in on the criminal and getting attacked.
- Runt Mini Stun gun. It is a very small, light and easy to use stun gun. It fits nicely in your hand or pocket and can be used on the attacker even if he is touching you since the electricity will not pass through to you.
All of the items on this list are lightweight and very easy to use which is something you should be sure any self defense weapon you may choose has for a feature. The last thing you need is more stress when trying to protect yourself from an attack.
Chuck Dougherty Jr. is a Self defense Instructor and writer for Total Security - Self Defense & Surveillance Products. You may find more information on self defense weapons such as the Runt Mini Stun Gun at http://www.getselfprotection.com/runtstungun.htm
and Mace Pepper Spray at http://www.getselfprotection.com/mace-pepper-sprays.htm
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Charles_Dougherty